Teradata Aster Discovery Platform
The Right Deployment Option for You
Your organization faces massive data growth thanks to the explosion of data sources that provide “multi-structured” data – data that often does not fit readily into established schemas and requires careful exploration before your organization can use it to drive decisions. To deal with the explosion of multi-structured data, data scientists and business analysts demand new types of advanced analytic capabilities as they seek to make sense of, and glean insights from, these new data sources.
But big data problems are not uniform across organizations. So why should you be squeezed into a uniform solution?
Whether you are at a web company just getting your analytics infrastructure off the ground or a Fortune 1000 enterprise struggling to make sense of new multi-structured data, Teradata Aster Discovery Platform lets you choose the type of deployment to meet your needs.
- Packaged software-only: Aster Database
- Appliance: Aster MapReduce Appliance
- Cloud-based: Aster Database Cloud Edition
Aster Database Software-Only Edition is a completely configurable platform that rapidly and easily scales from terabytes to petabytes of multi-structured data. It is the original Aster Data product, providing the analytic power of Teradata Aster Discovery Platform on your choice of commodity hardware. Aster Data designed the Aster Database as a software-only solution from the ground up and certifies it with major enterprise hardware platforms, including Dell and HP, to deliver a true analytic platform at enterprise scale.
- Configure your own combination of Aster software and industry-standard hardware to meet your organization’s unique IT needs
- Scale easily from gigabytes to terabytes and petabytes across tens to thousands of massively parallel hardware nodes
- Gain deeper insights to your data through a combination of SQL and MapReduce
Learn more on the Aster Database page.
For enterprises focused on ease of deployment, Aster MapReduce Appliance is the simplest way to bring the science of data to the art of business. Aster MapReduce Appliance is a purpose-built, integrated hardware and software solution for big data analytics, delivered pre-configured and ready to plug in so you can start gaining new insights about your business immediately. Aster MapReduce Appliance runs Aster Data’s patented SQL-MapReduce® technology on the enterprise-proven and fully-supported Teradata hardware platform. It comes fully integrated with Aster Database and operating system plus Teradata’s hardware monitoring software, and the Aster-Teradata Adaptor is pre-deployed. Aster MapReduce Appliance is a simple, powerful and enterprise-ready platform for big data analytics.
- Simple – The fully-integrated, plug-in-ready system delivers easy management of data and analytic applications, proactive systems monitoring, continuous availability, and linear scalability in one package.
- Powerful – In addition to storing, processing, and building big data analytics, it lets you perform data exploration and analysis incorporating new and emerging data sources on the fly for deeper analytic insight and faster time to value.
- Enterprise-ready – Full complement of adaptors supports out-of-the-box integration, including certified ODBC and JDBC support for major BI, visualization, and ETL tools.
Learn more on the Aster MapReduce Appliance page.
Aster Database Cloud Edition brings the analytic power of Teradata Aster Discovery Platform together with the flexibility and agility of cloud infrastructure so you can deliver rich analytics that rapidly and easily scale to incorporate large volumes of multi-structured data. Aster Data has partnered with leading cloud infrastructure providers including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Dell, and Terremark to deliver a true analytic platform at cloud scale. Aster Database Cloud Edition leverages the elasticity, scalability, and persistence of cloud computing. With Aster Database Cloud Edition, you can:
- Start your analytic application project quickly
- Scale easily from gigabytes to terabytes and petabytes with no downtime
- Gain deeper insights from your data with SQL-MapReduce®
Learn more on the Aster Database Cloud Edition page.
Contact us at 1-888-Aster-Data (650-232-4400) or email@example.com to figure out the best deployment option of Teradata Aster Discovery Platform to solve your big data analytics challenges.
White Paper: A Revolutionary Approach for Advanced Analytics and Big Data Management
Now that all our data is in one place, we can understand customer interactions across our entire [retail/ online/e-reader] ecosystem. (MapReduce helps researchers) see trends more quickly than possible in systems only using massively parallel processing.
Marc Parrish, Vice President,